Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Elton John On Religion

This is a quote from Sir Elton John a few weeks ago.

"I think religion has always tried to turn hatred toward gay people. Religion promotes the hatred and spite against gays. But there are so many people I know who are gay and love their religion." He said, "From my point of view, I would ban religion completely. Organized religion doesn't seem to work. It turns people into really hateful lemmings and it's not really compassionate."

I agree more with the end of that quote. Instead of preaching love, compassion and understanding. Some churchs preach hate, fear and control. Oh, I left out greed. If you don't believe me about greed, look at all the new churches and the size of them. Some might reach the near million mark in the price tag (not sure but still a large amount of money). How about all that money going to the needy, the sick, the homeless? Stay the fuck out of politics and start doing some good for ALL mankind, not just for yourself. Now, I know that there are a few good churches out there, AND many people, religious or not, who are not hateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home